I have decided to embark on a test of epic proportions.
For the next month, I am going to use exclusively one web browser per week on my Mac. At the end of each week, I will do a write-up on my experiences with the web browser I used, the pros/cons, and whether I would consider switching to that browser.
Why am I doing this? Quite simple. I am very unsatisfied with browsing the web on Macs and need to see if I can find something that matches my needs.
- Week 1 – Apple Safari 2.0.4
- Week 2 – Opera 9
- Week 3 – Mozilla Camino 1.0.2
- Week 4 – Mozilla Firefox 188.8.131.52
- The Verdict
The reason I am limiting this test to the four browsers above are the following.
- I want free web browsers. OmniWeb does not qualify.
- I want to set a reasonable date in the near future for this test to complete (so I picked a month
- I want to use web browsers that a normal Mac user could end up using and downloading.
The first installment of this test, with Apple Safari, will be posted by next Sunday.