The amount of injuries the Boston Red Sox have suffered is unbelievable.
Here is just a list off the top of my head that have happened in the past month or two:
- Matt Clement – 15-day DL, right shoulder strain
- Tim Wakefield – 15-day DL, broken rib
- Jason Varitek – 15-day DL, knee surgery
- Trot Nixon – 15-day DL, strained right biceps
- Manny Ramirez – hamstring and knee problems
- David Ortiz – Irregular heartbeat
- Kevin Youkilis – Flu
- Alex Gonzalez – 15-day DL, right oblique strain
- Jon Lester – 15-day DL, diagnosed with a treatable form of anaplastic large cell lymphoma
- Mark Loretta – Leg injury, has DH’d or played 1st base the past week
- Coco Crisp – Has missed several games due to a sore shoulder
- Jonathan Papelbon – left game on 9/1 with a shoulder strain
My prayers are with the Lester family. What a unbelievable thing to go through.
There are times when life is more important then a stupid game. This is one of those times.